In order to avoid wasteful spending and accumulating more of what I already have, I've promised myself to limit clothing/accessory purchases this year to only those items that either a) fill a hole in my current wardrobe or b) will add some interest, punch and panache to the mix. ("Hero" pieces, to use
Over the last couple of years, I've managed to cultivate a decent core wardrobe for work and play, and most of my favorite, frequently worn pieces are still in good shape and still fit (though fitting a bit more loosely these days, no complaints). The list of the wardrobe "holes"/needs, at the moment is thankfully rather short.
For the remaining months of cooler weather, just one thing:
1. High quality cashmere v-neck sweater preferably in charcoal grey or dark navy, but will consider black. (Bompard sale is coming up...)
Looking ahead to Spring:
2. Classic nude pumps (already have a pair in mind)
3. Casual, packable dress or skirt for travel in late spring. Perhaps one of each.
4. V-neck top for evening that a) isn't black, b) is packable, c) can be worn with jeans, black pants, pencil skirt.
Edited to add:
5. Heel-length jeans (all of mine have now shrunk up to the point that they're too short to wear with a heel).
C'est tout! I've printed this list up and plan to carry with me at all times to help stay focused when the Robins of Retail warble in dulcet tones. Hopefully this little piece of paper will be the talisman I need to keep the easily distracted magpie (Ooh, look! Pretty! Want!) part of my brain in check.
What's on your list?