Earlier this year as part of an effort to stop wasteful and redundant spending on clothing items, une femme made a list of pieces intended to fill current wardrobe gaps.
1. V-neck cashmere sweater in a neutral color
2. Nude pumps
3. Casual dress or skirt for upcoming Italy/Paris trip in May.
4. V-neck top for evenings
5. Jeans long enough to wear with heels.
Here's how things stand:
1. I ordered a v-neck from Eric Bompard, but may send it back. I'm on the fence about the fit, which while not technically too small, is snugger than I'd intended.
3. I'm rethinking this one. I'm really not a dress person, and think I'd probably be more comfortable with the types of items I normally wear (pants, capris on warmer days). Consider this scratched for now.
4. Have two on order, though neither are v-neck (both low scoop neck), will report back. V-neck tops that are a notch above Casual seem to be an endangered species.
Since last week's Work Wear Epiphany, I've added to the list:
6. Jackets for the office that will support a more polished Business Casual look. Not the usual menswear blazers, but nothing too frou-frou either. I'm going to say three total, two for warmer weather and one more for the cooler months. I think these will be a smarter investment than Item #3 above, which probably would not see as much wear.
Are you on the lookout for any items in particular? Are you having any luck finding them?